Spring is in full bloom and this week we are spotlighting one of dōTERRA’s floral oils, Geranium. A member of the Pelargonium genus of flower species, Geraniums are grown for their beauty and as a staple of the perfume industry. While there are over 200 different varieties of Pelargonium flowers, only a few are used as essential oils. Throughout history, Geranium promotes youthful looking skin, hair and nails. Use doTERRA Geranium during your nightly routine to hydrate and promote healthy skin. Each morning you can wake up with your face feeling vibrant and youthful.
Uses of Geranium essential oil date back to ancient Egypt when Egyptians used Geranium oil to beautify skin. In the Victorian era, fresh Geranium leaves were placed at formal dining tables as decorative pieces and to be consumed as a fresh sprig. In fact, the edible leaves and flowers of the plant are often used in desserts, cakes, jellies, and teas. As an essential oil, Geranium has been used to promote clear, healthy looking skin— making it ideal for skin care products.
HOW TO USE
- Diffuse three to four drops to help relieve occasional stress and tension.
- Use in an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Place a few drops in the veggie capsule and take it with water.
- Add a drop to your moisturizer to help with a clear complexion.
- Apply one to two drops to desired area.
- Dilute with doTERRA® Fractionated Coconut Oil to avoid any skin sensitivity.
- In saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring heat to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour essential oil into 8-ounce glass fine mist spray bottle and add cooled sugar water.
- Use as you would any other hairspray.