While their flavors couldn’t be any more different, Cardamom and Cilantro oil can add flavor and digestive benefits to your essential oil collections. Both of these plants are well-known ingredients in the culinary world.
Cardamom seeds are used as a spice that is commonly used in the Middle East as well as Scandinavia for meats, sweet breads, and salads. Meanwhile, the herb cilantro (not to be confused with coriander, which is a spice produced from the seeds of the same plant) is commonly used in kitchens around the world, including China, Mexico, the Mediterranean, Thailand, and North Africa.
The Oily Benefits
While the fresh version of either cardamom or cilantro are available in stores, there are some unique benefits of the more potent essential oil. Cilantro oil is cleansing and detoxifying to the body when added to a veggie capsule and swallowed with water.* Antioxidants are also abundant in Cilantro oil, and naturally help your body fight oxidation.* In order to get either of these benefits from fresh cilantro, you would need to eat an impossibly large amount of the plant. Aside from the internal benefits, diffusing Cilantro is useful when you want to purify the air of any unpleasant smell and fill the room with a refreshing herbal scent.
In the same way, Cardamom oil is soothing to the digestive system and can slow down muscle contractions in the intestines and ease bowel looseness.* Use the oil for this benefit by adding it directly to your water or by taking it in a veggie capsule. You can also easily use it in the same way for help with clear breathing and maintaining your respiratory health.* We also love the idea of rubbing Cardamom on your chest before going outside to plant flowers or mow the lawn. By diffusing or using Cardamom topically, you can enjoy mental clarity and a sense of openness.
All about the Flavor
If you love the taste of Cilantro (according to a study of 30,000 people, some people have a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap), the doTERRA Blog is full of recipes you can enjoy. A few include:
Or, if you want to experiment with Cardamom the following recipes are for you:
More about Cardamom:
- Cardamom has a cool, minty aroma and flavor.
- It is one of the most expensive cooking spices.
- Cardamom may help to ease occasional indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal
- It promotes clear breathing and maintains respiratory health.*
- This essential oil is a flavorful spice for cooking and baking, predominantly sweets, baked
goods, and beverages. It adds a great Indian flavor.
- Add Cardamom to breads, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance flavors.
- Take it internally to help alleviate occasional feelings of stomach discomfort.*
- Diffuse Cardamom for feelings of increased mental clarity.
- Breathe it in for sense of openness and clear headedness.
- Cardamom blends well with Lavender and Clove.
- Apply it to your chest while planting flowers or cutting grass.
- Add a drop or two to a glass of water and drink after indulging at dinner.*
- Cardamom delivers a cooling sensation to the skin.
- Blend it with Ginger, Spearmint, and Peppermint for a soothing aromatic experience.
- This essential oil aids digestion and supports healthy GI function.*
- Diffuse it for a clearing, refreshing aroma that promotes a positive mood.
- It supports cellular health.*
- It promotes muscle relaxation.*
- It supports healthy cardiovascular system function.*
- This essential oil promotes feelings of calmness and relaxation.
- It supports healthy immune and liver function.*
More about Cilantro:
- Add Cilantro to meats, salads, dips, and guacamole to experience its distinct flavor.
- Place one to two drops of Cilantro in a doTERRA Veggie Capsule to experience its cleansing
and detoxifying effect.*
- For a fresh, clean-smelling, herbal aroma, diffuse three to four drops of Cilantro with the citrus
essential oil of your choice.
- Cilantro assists with digestion after over-indulging at dinner.*
- It provides important antioxidant benefits.*
- Applied topically, Cilantro is soothing and cooling to the skin.
- When diffused, Cilantro adds a fresh, herbal aroma to any essential oil blend.
- Cilantro is calming and relaxing when used aromatically.
- Use it to make your own effective surface cleanser.
- Cilantro supports healthy immune function and response.*
- It supports a healthy digestive tract.*
- It relieves anxious and restless feelings.
- When applied topically or diffused, Cilantro creates a peaceful feeling that supports a restful
- Cilantro may calm the nervous system.*
- It keeps the mouth, teeth, and gums looking clean and healthy when applied topically.
- Apply Cilantro to your fingernails and toenails to keep them looking clean and healthy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,
treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Just add Cardamon to your cart and then when you check out the Cilantro will be added for FREE.
Limit of five per account, per household. Available in US, Canada NFR, and all NFR markets. PV points cannot be used to purchase BOGOs.
Click here for more information regarding BOGOs: https://www.facebook.com/notes/doterra-essential-oils/bogo-faq/10156237211829314/
The free item may not appear until you receive your invoice. To verify that the free product was added to your order, check your payment history or email.
While supplies last.